March 8, 2011

Nathan Get His First Mitt

So my first mitt was for right-handed throwers.  For those that don't know, I throw left-handed.  This led to some confusion as a kid as I always wanted to put a ball in my mitt and in the same motion throw my mitt.

Not wanting to commit the same confusion with Nathan, I've watched him throw balls such as tennis balls, footballs, golf balls, and bouncy balls, and every single time he has a right-handed throwing motion.


So I went out and bought him his first mitt that included a decal of all MLB teams.  I chose the appropriate Chicago MLB team decal to dedicate the occasion with a sprinkling of team loyalty infusion.

   
So here he is, sporting the decal on his mitt.


At this point he thinks the mitt is a decorative piece, but he's comfortable with it as he's trying to breaking in the glove by punching it and working to loosen it up.
 
Seeing that he's comfortable with his mitt, I decide to start Spring Training by tossing him a few grounders to field.  Every single time, he makes a barehanded pickup and tosses the tennis ball in the mitt.  I encourage him to throw the ball back to me.  "Here!  Throw it back to Dad!"

He then proceeds to make a throwing motion with his left hand with the tennis ball in his mitt.  This happened at least 10x.

With that said, I still think he's right-handed, has he throws it freakishly hard for a 2-year old.  Hell, he probably throws it harder and with more accuracy that I throw with my right hand.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment